Friday, July 24, 2015

Annabelle Grace

After not sleeping much the night before little Annie came, we got a call at 5:30 telling us to be at the hospital by 6:30. We got up and ready and Thomas stayed sleeping, thanks to my mom who came over early to be with him. He woke up and ate breakfast with her then went to my parents house with all his cousins. I guess he was an angel and napped great so I am thankful for that! Anyways. 

We made it to the hospital and got all checked in. They put my IV in, which made me almost pass out. I am such a wimp. Needles make my blood pressure drop like crazy, it went down to 70/30!! After I came out of that, they started the pitocin and shortly after the doctor came in to break my water. SO much liquid. With Thomas, my water broke after my epidural so I didn't feel any of it. It made me grateful that my water has never gushed in public. 
My last huge belly picture of pregnancy with Annabelle. 

I thought it would take awhile for painful contractions to start, but by 9ish I was at a 5 almost and I literally felt like I was dying. JT handled my meanness like the good husband he is and pushed on my knees through every contraction, trying to talk me through them and help me despite me constantly telling him to stop talking. He is the best. I love him. After about half an hour of really painful contractions the anesthesiologist finally came and started me on the epidural. Anyone who can go natural is amazing. I however never will. 
Things progressed really fast from there-I was at an 8 by 10, and when she came to check me at 1040ish I was ready and at a 10! She called the doctor in and Annabelle came at 11:18 am, after 4 pushes. Somehow I got a 10 pound 2 oz 21 inch long baby out like it was nothing. I ripped a tiny bit. After one push she was already crowning!! JT got to cut the cord and the doctors and nurses were all in shock and taking guesses on what she would weigh. Nobody could believe how smoothly my labor went for such a big baby. 

I am so thankful for this labor experience. Thomas was so hard, pushing three hours and having him get stuck. This experience was the complete opposite and she was so much bigger then he was. The recovery has been easy too, almost no pain. She's started latching to breastfeed today, again something Thomas and I really struggled with. I'm hoping these are all good signs that she will be an easy going baby. We are so in love with her! I'm anxious to get home and see how I can handle life with two little ones. 

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! She's so beautiful and precious, Kelly. I just love it. Little Annabelle and Lyla have to be twin besties from afar, obviously. So excited to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 pushes??? AMAZING!!! I meant to ask you about all this when I was there yesterday!
    She's perfect! And you're a super woman.

    Hope you're loving being home!!

    ReplyDelete