Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Birthday trip to Utah

Thursday of last week, jt asked me where I wanted to go for my birthday dinner Friday night. I jokingly said mi ranchito, my favorite place in Utah that I crave on a weekly basis, and he just said okay. Good husband right? Which led to us looking up flights and deciding to take a spontaneous Utah trip. We left Friday afternoon and I get to stay ten whole days! JT went back Sunday evening but I'm just happy he could be here a few days with us. And have my birthday dinner at mi ranchito. So this trip has been my rather expensive birthday present which I am more then okay with! Thomas had never been on a plane before and I seriously was having anxiety about it the entire time waiting for our flights/on the flight. But he ended up doing great, even with a long layover and long flights and getting in so late. I just have to get him back to Utah alone....so anxiety is still going strong. I'm sure he will do great though. 
Our three hour layover in Phoenix. I was so swollen and sore from flying, JT occupied Thomas most of the time and let me just sit and be a prego whale and eat my pizza and diet coke. Thomas ran around the entire time I think. Literally. But it paid off because he crashed out for the entire flight into Salt Lake. We didn't get in until 11:30 so we were all tired but it was nice to have a sleeping baby for one of the flights. 

We spent the weekend at JTs moms house. Amber and Casey were staying there too, we saw JTs dad and Shelle, Ashlee and rod and the girls, and of course his mom and Troy and little sister. I took no pictures I can't even believe it! But it was great to see them, even though Thomas was a whiney clingy crib hating stink the entire time there. The last hour or so on Sunday he finally was a little happier and allowed grandmas and aunts to play with him. 
His new thing is to do something, clap for himself, and then stare down every person in the room until they start clapping for him too. It is so hilarious. 

Before JT left we went for a quick drive up AF canyon and let Thomas walk around a little bit. He loves the mountains just like we do. 
And apparently it wore him out because he fell asleep like this. 

We've had a great week so far but are definitely missing daddy. I'll post more in a few days about our trip. Allison and Guy get here tonight and I am so excited to see them!! Thomas will have so much fun with his cousins and I can't wait. 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know this was for your birthday! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete