Sunday, March 29, 2015

Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm

Oh it's just 4 in the morning again. Why is insomnia part of pregnancy?! At least I'm  blogging more. 

Yesterday we drove about 45 minutes outside portland to the Wooden Shoe tulip farm. I pictured this being just like the tulip festival at Thanksgiving point-it was beautiful. But not the same at all. Literally a huge farm in the middle of nowhere with tulips as far as you can see. Which resulted in SO. MUCH. MUD. No paved walkways at all. We slipped and trudged through that mud and just laughed the whole time, I'm surprised none of us wiped out. I was wearing sandals-bad idea. And thomas was dressed all cute, I thought we would get pictures among the tulips and it would be wonderful and perfect. Instead I just gave up and his church shoes are now more brown then grey. Oops. Isn't that how life usually works out? JT didn't wear a coat and it ended up being freezing way out there. But we had fun and it really was so pretty. My mom would have loved this place. The northwest is one of the prettiest places. 
23 weeks today!!
See all that mud and water? Our stroller wheels were caked in it, along with my toes and Thomas's everything. 
They had a big area set up with music and blow up inflatable things and sandboxes and slides for the kids. It really was so fun and Thomas didn't know how to handle all the excitement going on around him. He just walked around taking it all in. 

This was his favorite thing to do by far. JT went to get us some food and Thomas didn't move from here for a good half an hour. We need a sand box I guess! And more big trucks. Whenever he sees a truck driving he asks over and over again "what's that?" Trucks and airplanes are his thing. 

Our new mattress came today too. We caved and bought a king size bed. We were used to it back in Utah and our queen was a million years old and so uncomfortable that we were using here. I blame my pregnant body/insomnia for that random purchase right now-but it is heavenly to have my own sleep bubble back. And it is so nice to have with kids, especially a new baby! So even though I'm awake at least I'm comfy.  

And finally-the Rec center had a free swim night so we took Thomas tonight. We haven't been since last summer-i thought he would love it. He hated it for the first 20 minutes! But I refused to give up and leave, so we gave him a ball and sat him on this raft and he was okay. But only on the raft-with as many balls as possible. 
"Give me all the balls mom!!"
We will have to keep trying so he loves it more. 

And now-sleep I hope! 9 am church comes way too early sometimes. 

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha oh man, if it helps, my insomnia seriously did make this part with a newborn easier. I just remember how I never slept before either and it's all good! You remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable!! And I remember the insomnia, not fun!

    ReplyDelete