Saturday, March 28, 2015

4 a.m.

4 in the morning is my most dreaded hour lately. I swear every night I wake up at 4:00 and am awake for at least an hour if not longer. With Thomas I had the worst insomnia too so I didn't really expect that to be different this time, but I was hopeful! I've tried everything but nothing seems to work. Oh well, 17 weeks left! Other then insomnia, I have just been getting terrible heartburn but that's about it. I truly cannot complain about my pregnancies. I have it pretty easy and I am so thankful for that. Baby girl has been getting more and more active lately-especially when I eat any kind of sugar, which is too often probably.  JT has been able to feel her for a few weeks now. It's getting more real that we will soon be parents of two. 

Yesterday we needed out of the house bad. We took Thomas to a fish hatchery not far from our house. It was free to walk around and there were so many fish. While I was getting ready to go, I made the mistake of telling Thomas we were going outside. Literally as soon as he hears outside, he runs to the door and expects it to happen right away no matter what. If it doesn't-it's not good. So JT handled that drama and I got ready in record time. Off topic-but we are working on learning how to best handle tantrums and disciplining a toddler. Let me just say that it is so hard to know the best way to handle different situations. They are so good at pushing buttons and testing their limits, so JT and I have had a lot of talks lately about what we want to do in terms of handling it. Suggestions are welcome!!!
This was after JT used his stern voice with him. JT can say one thing and Thomas will instantly stop and get so sad. I on the other hand am apparently not intimidating enough because I usually get laughed at. Whatever. 

Anyways. We left to go, thomas was happy, and it was great to be out of the house. 

Here's a few pictures from our last week:
See his head?? He fell so hard in the shower while JT was gone last weekend. Poor babe. 
Church by ourselves and we were even early. 
We went out for pizza one night this week. His new thing is to need his hands wiped after every bite. He would eat a piece of pizza and hold his hands out to us until we wiped his hands clean. He's a princess. We are working on mastering a fork but he's not quite there yet.
All hot wheels cars are phones. Especially this little truck. He jabbers and laughs and has his own conversations while pacing around. It's my favorite. 
Doesn't he look so old? 

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha luca laughs at Jose not me. That's hilarious though.
    We miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh my gosh, that picture of Thomas and JT is soooo precious!!!

    ReplyDelete