Tuesday, March 10, 2015

3 years!

3 years ago JT and I got married. It seems like we've been married FOREVER, in a good way obviously, but it also seems crazy that three years is already here. 
He is my best friend. I truly don't know what I would do without him in my life. He is my rock and the glue that holds our family together. He has a way of keeping me sane and also much more relaxed and easy going. We talk often about how uptight and stressed I was in our early dating days, certain little things would get under my skin and I would turn into this crazy person. Or every little thing would be something huge and dramatic and ridiculously hard to handle. I really can see a difference in myself since meeting him, and I know I have grown a lot but I truly do have him to thank for a lot of it. I feel so blessed to have him as my husband and dad for our kids. He knows exactly when I just need a hug, or a break, or some chocolate, or someone to tell me I look pretty. I love him so so much and I can't wait to see what the rest of our lives have in store for us! 
Since moving to Washington we have yet to leave Thomas with anyone. We haven't really found a babysitter and I have never left him with anyone other then family, so for awhile he gets to be our little date buddy! I decided we would celebrate today as not only our anniversary, but also our "family birth day" and start of our family! JT came home early with some flowers and the sweetest note, right when thomas went down for a nap. So we took a nice long long nap too, then woke up and went to an early dinner at a place called Saltys, right on the Columbia River. 
Thomas was an angel, surprising after his rough morning, and now we are home watching the Voice. We seriously love this show-I think JT asks a few times a week when the next episode is on. It was a perfect day, or I should say afternoon, little stinker-and I am so grateful for my eternal marriage and family! 

3 comments:

  1. This gave me a flash back of your wedding reception and how happy I was that you found a good man!! Congrats, Kelly and JT!
    Ps we love the voice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Sara said!! I loved seeing you so happy in your wedding day! It was beautiful!
    Happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The voice is totally our favorite too! And happy anniversary...3 years is a big deal. I am so happy for you and so happy you found JT. He is perfect for you and we love him so much :)

    ReplyDelete